Popular posts from this blog
INTUITION
I’ve wanted to write about this for a long time and finally felt prompted after something I read today in the writings of someone who’s views on life I love and respect very much. They touched on the idea of intuition but referred to it as “emotional intuition” and implied that logic should come first and intuition should be ignored. They also “poo pooed” individuals for doing things because it “felt right”. Another thing that has had me wanting to write about intuition is, many years ago I was a student of “shamanism” and the teacher encouraged us to use our intuition BUT added that our intuition isn’t always right?!? Then what is the point of following it if it has a habit of steering us wrong? First of all I want to say that “emotional intuition” is a dichotomy – the two words contradict each other (like trying to say someone is a violet pacifist) and illustrate the individual’s complete lack of awareness and understanding o...
PEACE AMID THE STORM
Many years ago I ran across a picture (really wish I could find it but haven’t had any luck) of Buddha sitting peacefully in mediation in the centre surrounded by a collage of pictures of noise and confusion. It really stuck with me. I yearned for that kind of peace. I used to go to a women’s drumming group. The place we gathered was beautiful and peaceful. We would all breathe a sigh of relief as we pulled up the long driveway surrounded by cedar trees. The evenings spent there, all the participants enjoyed a state of bliss. One night while we were sharing, I mentioned this sense of bliss we all had but commented on how we needed to find a way to feel like this in our everyday lives, not just in places and moments like these. I remember everybody looking at me like I had three heads! Since then I have spoken to people about this “elusive place” and wanting to achieve it and have been told (and I’m talking about spiritual teac...











Comments
Post a Comment